Isnin, 27 Ogos 2012

Ramadhan 2012

Dicatat oleh Unknown di Isnin, Ogos 27, 2012
Alhamdulillah, Allah has given me another oppurtunity to embrace this year's Ramadhan. But, this time it will be a little bit challenging since I'm pregnant with my third child and I'm still in my first trimester. Meaning to say, this is the time when sickness and nausea are at their worst. This time around, it is definitely the worst for me compared to my first and second pregnancy. I lost 2 kilos of weight in just 1 month of pregnancy, can't stand a strong smell or see anything filthy, I would immediately throw up. Sometimes, when the sickness is heavy, I have to sleep in front of the toilet door since my energy level is at the lowest and it become hard for me to go back and forth. Luckily, my hubby is so understanding, that he's willing to do the housework chores. I totally lost my appetite, I can hardly swallow 2 spoons  of my meals. It is really challenging. I was told to be hospitalized during my first check up as my body fluid were found at critical level.

Luckily, when the Ramadhan came, I'm in my third month pregnancy, the sickness have subsided a little bit. I managed to fast up to 8th day of Ramadhan. Yes, there were times when I felt like throwing up but I immediately lie down and gave my body some rest. I skipped fast on the 9th and 10th since I'm under the sickness again. I threw up 2 to 3 times a day. Alhamdulillah, I managed to complete my fasting on the following day.  As days goes by, it has become easy for me, and alhamdulillah I finally make it till last day of Ramadhan. 

Fasting during  pregnancy has become quite a debate. I once read an article from 'The Independent' written by Sarah Cassidy and Jerome Taylor, pregnant women who fast for Ramadhan risk damage to their babies. Is it true? It is hard to say whether it's true or not. Evidence which is brought up has only been carried out upon a small group of women. There's always room of doubt.

On 2008, I went through Ramadhan with my first pregnancy. Me and the baby shows no sign of health issue. He was born healthy and active. Islam is easy, it is not meant to torture and cruel like it has been portrayed by the western media. If they had really understood Islam, they would find that it is the most beautiful religion of all. Because of some extremist, Islam has been misunderstood.

Fasting during Ramadhan is one of the pillars in Islam, which is obligatory upon all Muslim. In this case somehow, it is permissible for pregnant women not to fast if she fears some harm which she thinks will most likely to affect her and/or her baby. Breaking the fast will be obligatory if she fears she may die or severely harmed if she continues to fast. It is equally applies to those with the medical conditions. As far as I'm concern, nobody has ever die from fasting. 

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

Same Old Me But A Different Day.. Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Make Money from Zazzle|web hosting